To engage individuals in developing a stable, healthy, and productive future, AIDS Foundation Houston offers a variety of supportive services:
- Counseling for mental health issues and substance abuse (some cases may be referred to other agencies)
- Linkage to medical care and guidance in signing up for assistance programs including Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) through the Houston Food Bank Client Assistance Program (CAP). See contact information below.
- Food assistance and referral for individuals who experience economic and housing instability through the Stone Soup Food Pantry in partnership with the Houston Food Bank.
- Transportation vouchers for those living in AFH housing.
- Pre- and post-incarceration release counseling for HIV+ individuals to increase medical engagement and adherence.
- Outreach and education in Fort Bend County for people in need of supportive services.
All AFH housing programs include comprehensive supportive service planning. This plan includes intensive case management and individualized plans to address financial stability, family issues, basic needs, mental health, substance abuse treatment, and how to link to needed medical and social services.
For information regarding linkage to medical care and signing up for public assistance programs, please call 713-623-6796 Monday-Friday during regular business hours.