AIDS Foundation Houston Modified Agency Operations
In light of Judge Lina Hidalgo's order returning Harris County to COVID-19 Threat Level 1, AFH will continue to operate under a Modified Operations Plan until further notice. This plan both minimizes risk associated with COVID-19 to our clients, staff, and volunteers and enables us to continue to deliver our vital mission to the community.
Highlights of our modified agency operations plan include the following:
- AFH offices closed to the public, except for HIV/STI testing and PrEP care services which are available by appointment only. No walk-ins. Call 832-436-3798 or 832-AFH-PrEP to make an appointment for either or both.
- AFH employees will be working remotely except as necessary to provide HIV/STI testing and PrEP care services.
- AFH phones will be answered and e-mail correspondence returned as usual.
- AFH will continue to serve client needs as they arise.
- AFH will maintain a minimal presence at our main office throughout the week.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Please return to this page periodically for updates regarding the timeline for the resumption of standard agency operations.
Chief Executive Officer
Have symptoms of COVID-19 and believe you need to be tested? Click here for Houston-area testing information.
AIDS Foundation Houston, Inc. (AFH) leads the innovative efforts in the prevention of new HIV infections and empowers individuals, families, and communities affected by HIV/AIDS to create and sustain healthy lives.
We envision a supportive community free of new HIV infections where individuals affected by HIV/AIDS lead healthy and productive lives without stigma and discrimination.
Last year, AFH...
HELP AFH END THE HIV EPIDEMIC – GIVE NOW!
For the past 38 years, AFH has been passionate about preventing new HIV infections and helping persons affected by HIV/AIDS to live healthy and productive lives. Now, we need your help to achieve our next goal: to end the HIV epidemic in Houston. Your gift will help AFH to:
- Help Houstonians to know their HIV and STD status.
- Empower Houstonians to take action to protect themselves and those they love.
- Prevent new HIV and STD infections.
- Help people with HIV to achieve better health outcomes.
- Ensure that everyone who needs assistance can receive care without fear, discrimination, or stigma.
Together, we can end the HIV epidemic in Houston!